Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: DOLL TAGS!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I thought I would start a new thread just in case not everyone read the other one about American GRIL.

    After I went through all our dolls I found 3 dolls that said American GRIL, 3 dolls that were correct with American Girl & then Molly without a tag. So I sent AG an email asking why our Molly did not have a tag. Here is the reply:

    We have a hand tag to send you for Molly, at no charge. The code for the tag is, 01-031. We apologize, for Molly should have come with a hand tag.

    Sincerely,

    American Girl? Customer Service
    Phone: 1-800-845-0005 or 608-831-5210
    Fax: 608-828-4790
    Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time

    So if any of you have dolls that came without tags feel free to call and give them the code. It will be sent at no charge since it was a mistake. I am guessing it's only for the newer dolls because the first dolls never had tags, right?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I *think* they are confused about the tag you are referring to - if they call it a hand tag, I would think they mean the little paper tag that comes hooked to their wrist with care instructions. I can't believe they would send a tag for the body because how would you get it attached? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL! I never thought of that. I will call.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well AG is on the phone she said it is the hand tag!! LOL!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member reginamaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two Molly dolls without body tags. They were purchased within a year of each other, the most recent in November 2002. They both have the tan bodies.

    Who else has Molly without any tags at all?? This is interesting!

    'gina

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have AG on the phone and that is not the body tag code, it's the tag on the dolls hand. The lady told me if I wanted a tag on Molly to send her in free of charge to the hospital. I do not even want a tag!! That is the funny part!! I just was wondering what they were doing over there and why some had tags and some did not!!

    She went on to say all the new AG dolls will not have that body tag and will only be marked on the back of their necks. She sounded confused. I think I am more confused now then before!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member reginamaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have any dolls w/ tags that say 'American Gril', but the Molly dolls do not have the tags at all-and that seems weird to me.

    The Kailey dolls have tags. They are the newest ones.

    'gina

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just went to check on my dolls, and here is what I have:
    Molly- No tag
    Addy- No tag
    Kaya- Tag
    Lindsey- Tag
    Kit- Tag
    Kailey- Tag
    Felicity- Tag
    Samantha- No tag

    The ones with tags all say American Girl. not Gril.

    Tracy

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ?>??O?ore than one Molly and none of them have tags, My first was purchased in 1989 and has a white body. My second was about 1995. The third was a gift and purchased last year and the last was the most recent Molly for Elisabeth which has west german tags in her skirt but a tan body. My bright red haired Lissie has no body tag either and now I am going to do an inventory!!!

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ February 18, 2004 06:16 PM: Message edited by: mom_to_an_americangirl ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Miss M:
    if they call it a hand tag, I would think they mean the little paper tag that comes hooked to their wrist with care instructions.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's this? I've never seen it before. I haven't bought a new AG since 1997, so is it something they've included since then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •